Thursday 12 March 2020

My Burrito with Jamie

Had a bit of time this morning to work on Louis' game, got a cool 80 total lines now and I'm looking forward to breaking the 100 barrier. Of course, I had to say farewell to Jamie who's been visiting over the past few days. We popped into a few bookshops, I bought a Ray Bradbury and we got lunch at Mission Burrito, an old favourite of ours. Nice to see Jamie again, he's clearly got a lot on his plate with his studies and work, I just hope he enjoyed his city-break in Bristol.

The afternoon was spent reading, playing new games and watching My Dinner with Andre which I've somehow dodged for yonks. I had an inkling that I'd enjoy the film, in some ways I'm actually glad I waited til I was a bit older before seeing this one, its themes definitely resonated more with 26 year old me VS 19 year old me. Despite being intellectually cynical, it had a strangely life affirming ending that made me pause for a moment before getting back to the rat-race of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment