Friday 13 March 2020

Stout > Gravy

I played a super sweet little game yesterday called A Short Hike, I was so enchanted by it I felt compelled to make a video review on it for my YouTube channel. That space hasn't received much love in since December so I figured I should spruce it up a bit. I did the first chunk of writing for it today in between heading to the supermarket and marveling at the gaps left in the pasta and toilet roll aisles. Luckily, we have plenty of both for when the apocalypse comes.

Made a classic cottage pie tonight with a little twist though. I cracked open a bottle of stout and poured some of that in to lend a really deep, dark flavour to it all. It was so good, I'll need some convincing not to do it in the future. I think the cottage pie has unequivocally become my signature dish, I feel like I've got it down to a science now... in truth I'd love to get to know another dish as expertly as that. Need to look out for a new favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment