Tuesday 2 June 2020

Cat Scratches

Chuffed to say I think I've finished writing up the first draft of my little on-going project. I'll put it under Rebecca's nose to get a bit of feedback, but I'm at the point now where I need to step back, put it in a drawer for a week or so and re-evaluate it with fresh eyes. I'm super comfortable with the idea of tearing it to pieces and starting over if I think it'll benefit from it, but right now, I'll put it out of my mind and crack on with some other gubbins.

Rebecca was delighted to see her favourite neighbourhood cat paid us a visit again this evening. I got some alone time with it while I was prepping dinner. I stroked the cat a fair bit on the back and all of a sudden it reached out and scratched me! Just under on of my fingernails too so it hurt a fair bit. Man, I just got up and shut the door on the cat. If it's capable of feeling guilt, I hope it feels it hard! While my physical wounds will heal, I feel emotionally wary of showing cats affection now, moreso than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment