Monday 15 June 2020

Where Colston Fell

Rebecca took this Monday and Tuesday off, by extension, that means I've got the day off 'work' too! Instead off sitting at my desk, I did the weekly shop and accompanied Rebecca to yet another B&Q to pick up some more house-ware bits. Boris Johnson wants us all to go out and be good little capitalists, as much as I want to spite him, we did need some paintbrushes for some upcoming DIY work...

Rounded off the day with a sweet walk around Bristol town center, making a pilgrimage to the spot where the statue of Edward Colston fell. We even traced the steps where the protestors dragged him and spotted the warped barrier where they chucked him in the river - felt like I was in an Andrew Marr documentary reconstruction. Returning home I felt invigorated by civil movements and took advantage of an indie video game charity offer, I made a donation in exchange for 1,704 video games. You read that right. I was delighted to learn only afterwards that one of those games was Louis' Kingdom Ka! Felt good donating to a worthy cause and getting to play a bunch of game sin the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment