Monday 29 June 2020

My First Dollar

For the first time in my life I got paid for my writing. After a little back and forth between my editor I at long last got an article of mine published on Sick Critic and already it's become one of the most viewed posts of the month. The boss man sent me a private message congratulating me and to ask for my Paypal details. We previously agreed I would get paid for this piece so the payment was no real surprise, but he even added a little extra on top which was nice.

I'm bigging this up an awful lot when in reality, I made only a few pennies over £10. Obviously I won't be quitting my day job but it's a nice feeling to know that my work has value, in both a metaphorical and financial sense.

Here's the article if you're interested. It's my list of five things I'd like to see the Mass Effect games change if they end up making a remaster. The list is meant to be a little irreverent, guess that's my way of weaseling a bit of humour into this gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment