Thursday 18 June 2020

My Phobia is About to Pay Off

Dedicated my morning to writing up a few more lines of dialogue for Louis' vegetables. Since it was raining non stop today I took some time just to watch the rain and jot down my thoughts on it, wherever my brain took me I just rolled with it. From there, I shaped my fluffy thoughts into ideas and opinions each of the vegetable types could have about the grey weather. Worked a treat too, just hit 210 lines now and I'm pretty pleased with what I wrote down for them.

After lunch my attention shifted back to chatting about games. A topic flashed up in the news today which got my brain going about a personal idea for another feature article. Basically, a new game is coming out that's all about battling insects, in particular spiders. Typically my arachnophobia would flare up while playing, but this game has actually factored in gamers with a fear of spiders and includes accessibility options to make the in-game spiders look less scary. I tried the game's demo today and... it works! I wasn't scared of the spiders after playing around with the game's options. Immediately I knew I could write up a decent article about this, especially since I can approach the topic with my phobia of spiders. Already got 800 words in too, this piece is coming together real nice.

Evening time was spent taking a stroll on The Downs with a few of Rebecca's chums. It was nice to walk around somewhere that isn't the park at the end of my road. Weather admittedly could've been nicer but one of Rebecca's friends is heading away this weekend so today was the best time to meet. We trod out own path across the grass though, walked a lot more than we planned to as well so Rebecca and I are both beat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment