Tuesday 16 June 2020

Garden Furniture

At 9:57am this morning I found myself behind a sea of people as I queued to get into IKEA. It wasn't my proudest moment I'll admit but Rebecca was keen to get an outdoor set of table and chairs during her last day off. After I walked out of IKEA and build the set, I realised that I now find myself as the owner of a piece of garden furniture. In my mind I always perceived that as a real symbol of maturity. It's certainly a stage in my life I never thought I'd actually hit but I crossed that milestone without even realising it. The swiftness of life hit me in that moment as I recalled every garden table I'd sat on as a kid, enjoying long Summer evenings and corn on the cob. Now I can make new memories, yet the table and chairs belong to me, and that's a crazy notion to me.

It's made sitting outside for dinner a real treat though, we even christened it today with some of Rebecca's mushroom and blue cheese burgers. The table couldn't ask for a better invitation to our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment