Sunday 28 June 2020

Pitter Patter

Battled the spotty weather just so we could so a bit of gardening. Rebecca and I donned our coats and our gloves and got to work while periodically ducking into the kitchen for shelter from the rain.

But we made a lot of progress! I stripped out and culled back the 'silver dust' that was running rampant around the back of the garden, it was just sprawling out everywhere and since I have no love for it, I pulled up a fair amount of it. Our main objective was to remove the cat poo and to clear the main square so it's ready for turf and we did that proudly. It's looking real good at the moment, every time we look out the window we pat ourselves on the back and admire our handiwork.

Hard work calls for treats though, so I hopped into the kitchen to bake some brownies. I'm a firm believer that the first 3-5 times you bake something you always screw something up and learn a lesson. This will be likely the final lesson I figure out while baking brownies since I discovered the wrong way to let something cool. We don't own a cooling rack, instead I just rested the loaf of brownies on my chopping board. 20 minutes later, it all stuck to the wood. Luckily it was salvageable, but it gave me one of those moment of despair that can only be experienced while baking. To numb the pain I ate a brownie and all was right in the world again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment