Monday 17 May 2021

147 Pints

At one point I though my day was pretty light, but when I stopped for a moment I realised I'd been run off my feet at some points. It all culminated with a mad rush to print off a hefty batch of script amends (regularily the bane of my life). A fresh bunch of them landed on my lap an hour before we wrapped. At the same time I was asked to hoover out one of our hire cars and do someone's petty cash form. It always snowballs at the day's end...

To celebrate the end of Monday, a tiny cluster of us went to go investigate the newly opened pubs in the area. It was an ironically sobering experience as I'd forgotten just how grungey some pubs can be, so much so we still elected to sit outside! Then my food was late, wrong and our drinks took ages too, wasn't even a busy night for them! Still, first day back I suppose. They say every UK adult needs to drink 147 pints this year to keep pubs aflot in this country. We'll, I did two tonight so we're off to an OK start.

No comments:

Post a Comment