Saturday 8 May 2021

Gusty Hartland Hike

The pitter-patter of rain on our Air B&B skylight served as a gentle alarm clock to get me up this morning. It was raining all day in Hartland with gale force winds blowing periodically - perfect conditions for a coastal walk! Rebecca and I valiantly crossed cattle-fields, negotiated slippery rocks and hunkered down to avoid getting blown off cliff tops, all while enduring sideways rain that saturated our cloths before the halfway point of our hike. Spent the rest of the day wearing my pyjamas while letting my only pair of jeans dry out. Thankfully, they were nice and dry before our dinner guests popped round for a night of Pad Thai and board games. It was really lovely showing Rebecca to some of my close colleagues, everyone got on really well and it just felt so normal to be hanging out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment