Thursday 6 May 2021

The Blackbird

Due to a bizarre set of circumstances, I got to step up to a hilariously high position today. Our script supervisor needed to make a scheduled phonecall with her GP so I volunteered to do her job for the duration. She gave me a crash course on the job and I was off and away. For the next 8 minutes and two slates, my role on a filmset had arguably never been so important. I timed shots, annotated a script and watched the monitors intensely. It was genuinely really exhilarating, once it was over I felt like I could do anything.


 

 Instead though, I went to fetch a bunch of lobsters for our main cast and exec producers. Hours later I realized I left the butter in my car too so I guess they enjoyed some dry crustacean... Actually that thought does make me snigger. After worm we headed to a nearby pub to watch the sunset. Driving back I hit a blackbird though and I kept thinking about it long into the evening. The people driving behindme said they saw it fly away afterwards but I can't help but feel incredibly guilty. I hate the fact that after I had such a lovely day, I ended the day for another living creature.  

No comments:

Post a Comment