Thursday 13 May 2021

Pink Shirt Day

Wednesday on set is 'wear pink' day. I asked Rebecca to bring down my only pink shirt (which I've worn a quarter dozen times) and it instilled a lot of confidence in me. I rocked up to set, hopped in the lunch queue and got a few choice looks, one of our unit drivers made a joke about how creased my shirt was! Probably because I haven't worn it in years. So, slightly put out I headed into the office and got asked to shuck a pomegranate for a colleagues' bowl of porridge. Odd request, but I was happy to oblige, I ended up squirting pomegranate juice all over my lovely shirt though, making it even pinker, but messier. Not a great start to the day.

Later in I was roped into being a background actor for a prop photograph. Got my five minutes of fame, plus the costume team saw my pink stains and offered to launder my shirt! What a dream, came back from set to an immaculate and pressed shirt - I wore it out with pride.

In the evening the production team got low-key invited to the cottage of the DOP and director for dinner. When we got there, there was candles, dipping oil for bread and deviled eggs already set out. We had cocktails and wine and ended up chatting for the whole night. In no other life could I imagine myself dining with such high up members of crew, yet there I was, as an equal, making them laugh with my stories about putting up my coffee shelf. Very special evening for sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment