Tuesday 4 May 2021

Power Cut Cottage

No power in our cottage when we woke up. I wasn't too badly affected, but there was a brief scare once we realized all the bespoke meats we bought at the farmers market was slowly thawing out in our defunct freezer. My first job was to check the power, then to post a bunch of correspondence letter from my colleagues. Annoyingly once I got back from the post box, the big boss handed me a bunch of their letters to deliver, back out again... 

We all wanted to get out early today, but whenever things are looking clear nasty surprises start to crop up. Our Covid supervisor got shuffled around and the new one is a bit overwhelmed with all the moving parts so it fell to my team to sweep up some of the pieces. Left a bit later (get to charge a bit of overtime though) and found myself starving once I got back home. Pickings were slim, I haven't done a grocery shop in ages, thankfully a packet of spaghetti materialized and the evening was saved! Stuffed now and ready for bed for another busy one tomorrow no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment