Friday 28 May 2021

Cottage Nostalgia

Had one last meeting with the core production team to discuss our wrap agenda, then we disbanded and said our farewells. Shook hands with my Line Producer and the Production Secretary, today is the last day I'll see them so it was a heartfelt goodbye. The cottage is feeling momore bare by the hour as I pack things away into my car. 10am tomorrow is the kickout time but I'm already looking around the house as if its the last time. Feeling deeply nostalgic already for everything that's come before. I always remember Louis taking the stance that nostalgia is a purely negative emotion. In several ways I agree with him - it just leads to heartache down the line if you surrender yourself to it. Right now I'm in the sweet spot where I'm moping a bit because the shoot is over, but I'm ready to head home and be with Rebecca and Bristol again. With the restrictions easing up to I'm very much looking forward to a much more social Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment