Sunday 9 May 2021

Stony Scramble

Tied up a little bit of business first thing this morning by collecting and passing keys on for a big old van for a team-mate to drive tomorrow. Once I got that out of the way, I was back to enjoying my weekend fully with Rebecca. Our trip to the Quay was rained off yesterday so we made the journey down there to say we'd done it. The tide was really far out though so we got to poke around in some rock pools and scramble over huge piles of stones. I made it my mission to poke around inside a cave I spotted on the other side of the beach, had to do a fair bit of climbing and leaping (plus leaving my compatriots behind) but I got there in the end. 

Shortly after we got invited to a crew lunch at a nearby cottage, almost 20 people from our team turned up and it was so lovely to hang out with all of them outside of work. Rebecca and I tucked into a hefty roast dinner, plus a tiramisu which was ridiculously heavy. We shared a semi-romantic farewell, I bid Rebecca goodbye and told her over and over how grateful I was for her popping down to see little old me. Though I spent the rest of the afternoon playing rounders with the crew, I felt a little blue knowing that Rebecca wouldn't be by my side as I fall asleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment