Monday 21 February 2022

A Very, Very Close Shave

Held my breath without knowing it while testing out my new razor blade. For Christmas Louis got me an incredibly nice shaver, one that needs the classic razors locked into place. I lathered up my face and gave it a go, though I showed no fear to my reflection, the pounding of my heart betrayed my fickle courage. Every pass felt like a brush with death, especially when I shaved close to my nose and neck. The results were astonishing though, baby smooth cheeks and only a pair of painless nicks. I'll have to do it a couple more times to get the hang of it, hopefully my nerves will fortify in future.

The clean shave was trail run for the grooming I'll do to myself before attending our friends wedding later this week. My navy suit trousers arrived in the mail, finally completing my blue suit look. Very excited to wear the jacket Rebecca bought me years ago out for the first time too - never had an occasion to wear it until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment