Monday 7 February 2022

Arthur's Seat

You guessed it, Rebecca and I took a jaunt to a nearby cafe to grab a bespoke breakfast. It wasn't just us two today though as we met up with a friend who is currently studying at Edinburgh Uni. We caught up over coffee and porridge and they gave us tips on things to do while in the city (best ask a local 'ey?). We got directions to the best way up Arthur's Seat too, an activity that I've been greatly anticipating. We took the path right up to the peak, all while enduring the harshest wind speeds I've ever faced. People always say it's windy atop the seat and I always blew off that observation... Well now I can relate! It was so gusty at the summit that if I fell into the wind I would've fallen in slow motion! Felt incredible though, to have scaled a legendary hill, the reward of an almighty view of the city was well deserved.

It's coming up to the end of our trip now. To mark the occasion we had drinks and cocktails at a nearby pub. We stumbled on back to our B&B feeling wistful. Though it's almost over, we'll have nothing but fond memories of our trip. 

Alas, we've yet to get any material reminders of our holiday, that's what tomorrow's are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment