Friday 25 February 2022

Wedding Attire

Got suited and booted, all ready for a friend's wedding. At long last, I had an opportunity to wear the suit jacket Rebecca got me as a preset nearly 4 years ago. Been a little while since I've looked so sharp, but I must say it was quite refreshing not having someone insisting on a photograph before heading out. We arrived for the reception/meal for 4 courses of Italian goodness - antipasti, pasta, risotto and dessert plus near bottomless wine. Needless to say we had a good time. I'd almost forgotten that speeches were a big part of weddings so we were treated to front row seats of some of our good friends pouring their tiny hearts out. Funny how that part struck the biggest chord with me, so much of life revolves around what is left unsaid, it's only in those holy few minutes that a speaker can honestly and undividedly share their appreciation for a fellow human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment