Thursday 24 February 2022

Low-Key Stag Due

A friend of ours is getting married and I had the honour of attending his low-key stag due. One person dropped out due to a potential Covid scare which just left three of us to play board games late into the night. The groom is a big fan of a game called Terraforming Mars, in my experience a game has never lastest any shorter than 4 hours and tonight was no exceptions. I even tried to learn all the rules beforehand but he busted out the expansion packs which left me totally in the dark. At about 1am my heart was in my throat - had I just won my first ever game of Terraforming Mars? We totted up the scores, and while I had an early lead, in reality I came dead last... We had a fun time playing it though, and if it helped take his mind off the potential stress of his wedding day then my work is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment