Wednesday 16 February 2022

How to Write?

Writing is rewriting... Just got to do the first part and then I can worry about the second. Taking a few days break for Louis' vegetables to work on the script for a possible new video for my dusty YouTube channel. Trying very hard to get back into the swing of writing essay-style articles, a technique I had almoat down-pat a couple of months ago. I know it will gradually come back to me, just like riding a bike... Then again, I haven't done that in a while either. 

When all else fails, I turn to some research or read works by other authors. Speilberg famously rewatchs Lawrence of Arabia before embarking on a new project. I'm not anywhere near that indulgent, but I find actually reading words on a page helps me out. Essays in films by Ebert and my frayed 2nd hand collection of Ray Bradbury's short stories help keep my language limber and my wording less clumsy. At least I'll have a project to tend to while I wait out the storm that's making my windows sing in low, bassy notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment