Monday 13 February 2023

Cheers from my Peers

Oof, I was put through the prep wringer. My curveball request was very a super specific memory card for our DOP who needed to shoot a camera test. I researched it, found a local camera house and collected what the manufacturer assured me was the right card. Guess what... It wasn't. Cue a mad rush across town back to the shop before it closed, all the while getting phonecalls from people all asking for various things and tech support. Worst part was our DOP managed to work around the issue while I was driving - good for us, but I was running around like a madman for almost no reason. 

So the day was ropey. But this evening was Overwatch Monday - the weekly games night with Louis and company. Historically we do appallingly badly matches, but tonight we were in an unstoppable winning high, the likes of which I've never seen. Morale was through the roof and everyone was having a grand old time. Just at the end of our final game I landed an incredibly hype play the elicited cheers from my peers. From being the office punching bag to knocking it out of the park in the virtual world - a reversal that saved the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment