Sunday 19 February 2023

Church of Potato Confit

Though we didn't do anything for Valentine's day, I did announce to Rebecca that I booked a table at our favorite weekend breakfast spot. So we donned our Sunday best and went to the church of the vegetarian fry up (with added halloumi). I booked a table for their opening hour which was the right call because for the whole time we were there we had the place to ourselves. Such a rare joy when that happens.

Mark is finally all done and dusted with his London job that consumed his life so Dan and I celebrated with some games. Been a long time coming but we saddled up and played Overwatch as if it were 2016 all over again. I perhaps played one round too many as I felt myself rushing around to keep our final social engagement: Louis and Rachel who were popping round for dinner. Since bake off and Smash Bros has winded down there's been little excuse to hang out as much, but we always enjoy each other's company so over Rebecca's apple crumble we talked our how our brains work while we read and how similar to our parents we are emerging to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment