Wednesday 29 June 2011

David Lynch:... why?

I watched Blue Velvet today, while it was not as 'WTF' as Eraserhead it certainly had a very dark and euphoric tone which was intentionally juxtaposed. I would be lying if I said I genuinely enjoyed the film as I probably wouldn't see it again unless forced but it was defiantly an experience like no other. I did enjoy His Girl Friday however, Cary Grant was very amusing and the lines of dialogue are fired like a machine gun, not a single word is out of place and the story is both simple and needlessly complex to the journalists. Funny and impressive for the time but not so heavy on the romance aspect to put off male viewers, at heart it is a comedy like no other and I would recommend it.

I had the pleasure of sitting in on Mark's driving lesson today which was rather insightful, Mark is actually a very good driver, despite some minor hiccups involving the clutch I was impressed. Personally I will probably start learning after I finish University if I decide to go, which I probably will as it will be vastly cheaper in insure myself, and maybe there will be a new cheaper alternative for petrol; but we can only dream for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment