Sunday 12 June 2011

Football in the rain

It was light drizzle all day and we got to play football in it... oh yeah. We played one match for half an hour, the final score was 10-2, to them... at least there was some food but I had no money, but I hear there was good food. After returning home and wringing out my clothes I settled in to watch the Bicycle Thieves which I possibly the first Italian film I have watched and the subtitles certainly didn't compromise your understanding of the language as every other sentence was missing translations, not that it really matter as it pushed the story through fine. It was a very simple film about petty crime and a father who wants to do the best for his family and it has a very poignant ending and should certainly be applauded for its artistic merit, however some scenes could have generally been shorter and maybe a little more engaging, particularly the scenes with the old man which seemed mildly pointless in the grand scheme of the film. Went out for a Chinese this evening as it is the parents 19th (hope I got that right) wedding anniversary and now I am prepared for over-night hibernation as I am stuffed to the brim. I also get a lie-in as I have no school till Thursday, lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment