Monday 20 June 2011

Not the Water Temple!

I was rather enjoying Zelda until the dreaded water temple came up, only 2 redeeming features in it: the battle with Shadow Link and the longshot, apart from that, the music is boring, the environment is cold and forgettable and its just a damn chore to get through... but it get so much better from that point on.

While watching The Last Picture Show I couldn't help but draw similarities to The Graduate, however I felt that the former greatly surpassed the latter in terms of tone and values as the characters seemed much more human. I also appreciated the setting of a run down Texas town that is slowly dying as it reflected on the attitudes of the characters, both growing old and distant, it's enough to make you think. I also finally got around to Black Swan which was pretty good, not as good as the Wrestler in my opinion though. Aronofsky knows how to make a good film though so Ihad little doubt this would be good and his camera work certanly deserves recognition as it literally dances with the actors, especially Portman who was excellent in her role and eventual decent into madness. The plot wasn't really the most interesting on the whole damn was it scary, I was literally jumping around like a rabbit at times. And one other thing: Aronofsky knows how to end a movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment