Friday 24 June 2011

What the hell have I gotten myself into?

Attended the school magazine meeting and I'm not quite sure what to think, I wanted to do a film review and so did 50% of the group, of which there were only 4 not including me so I am a bit stuck on what to do there. Revolutionary may be a phrase a bit too harsh to use to describe them but they were certainly keen on stirring up some emotions in the students over the new school building and issues in general, mildly intimidating but I hope to continue with them... I think.

Beverly Hills Cop was an ok film, not really as laugh out loud as I had hoped and the pacing was a little bit too slow as I felt that the conclusion took way too long to get to, I did enjoy the ride somewhat however, the scenes with the other 2 policemen where clearly the films highlights and I enjoyed watching their relationships improve with Eddie Murphy. I also got a chance to see the Charlie Chaplin classic City Lights which was rather impressive overall, the slapstick comedy did seem a little dated but still had some great moments within its many set pieces, the restaurant and the boxing match stand out. I was also surprisingly moved by the ending of the film, which I won't spoil here but I certainly didn't expect it when the rest of the film was so silly natured, while not as funny as Duck Soup, it provides a greater 'feel good' factor due to it's simple plot and beautiful ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment