Monday 2 January 2012

Burton's Batman

After loving Batman Arkham City I found it only reasonable to watch the Tim Burton Batman film this afternoon. I can imagine that when it came out after the cheesy as hell 60's TV series people were thinking 'wow, this new Batman is much darker in tone and geared for a more mature audience.' Watching it I though to myself 'Wow, we have since created a much darker tone in Batman with the Nolan films so this now feels a little bit campy.' Despite its campy nature though I definitely thought it was worth a watch, Nicholson's Joker was not the most intimidating but he clearly stole the show, and the atmosphere of Gotham is captured in a way that is more true to the comic books. Micheal Keaton was a hit and miss casting choice, he's pretty good as Bruce Wayne and has an ok voice for Batman, but when he is dressed in the suit we kinda moves like the Terminator and looks very goofy, more Batfink than Batman.

No comments:

Post a Comment