Sunday 15 January 2012

Dressing gown (nearly) all day

With no homework, volunteer work or revision work to be done I decided to have a day dedicated to the art of procrastination and because it was very cold in my room I was wearing my dressing gown for the most of the day. I nearly went downstairs to eat dinner while wearing it until Louis, rather abruptly told me that we had guests for tea so sheepishly I removed the garment feeling that my high score had been lost.

I got a chance to watch what I think is my first Czechoslovakian film today: Kolya. It was a very sweet film about an elderly bachelor who is forced into bringing up a 5 year old child for a little while. There are some great moments of bonding in it and you can really see their relationship developing. It is also set in that 'near the end of the Cold War' era which does come into the story keeping a goal to the story. With its gentle humour and pacing, Kolya is quite a little gem and definitely watching if you want to see a film that will just make you smile.

1 comment: