Wednesday 4 January 2012

I never drink... wine.

Getting to sleep has gotten harder and harder recently, my brain just keeps on whirring away when I keep telling it to pipe down and get some shut eye, thankfully coffee has kept me awake to the necessary degree throughout most of the day. Speaking of, we got a new kettle after the old ones lid broke, because we don't like drinking hot, unfiltered limescale we went all the way and got a very modern looking one with a blue light. It even lets you brew to 1 of 2 temperatures 100 degree for tea and boiling water and 85 degree for coffee, I'm getting caffinated AND being energy efficient.

I felt compelled to watch the old Dracula film with Bela Lugosi tonight after enjoying Frankenstein so much but I will admit, Dracula was a bit of a let down. The first 10 minutes were pretty cool with the count in his awesomely Gothic castle with the wasps and armadillos? And the performances of Lugosi and Dwight Frye were very good but most of the other characters were very uninteresting and the film takes a very slow turn a third of the way through, it crawls along for about 50 minutes and then jumps to the climax very quickly. Regrettably I did get a bit bored watching it despite me thinking that I would really get into it, I even watched the version with additional music, which was really impressive actually and added to the film neatly. But if you want to watch and old monster movie, go with Frankenstein it just feels classier.

No comments:

Post a Comment