Tuesday 3 January 2012

STELLA!

Woke up late today and what with Super Mario 3D Land still in the mail I decided to watch A Streetcar Named Desire. The film had some phenomenally good performances all round in it's relatively small cast, the characters were interesting and well developed and it was difficult to predict what would happen next. My favourite character was Stanley who was both charming and intimidating at the same time, however I don't really know what his motives were at the end of the film, he's happily married and really excited for a child so he goes and does... that? Oh well, the film was so good I went back to watch one of my favourite Simpson episodes immediately after and was quickly reminded just how much I love that series and how it got me interested in film in the first place, I counted 4 references to individual films in a single episode and the scene with Homer reenacting the famous 'Stella' line laughs me to tears every time; just thinking of it now makes me giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment