Monday 25 March 2019

Mumbo-Jambalaya

It's rather grim waking up with a swollen tonsil (at least thats what I self-diagnosed it as after shining a light down my throat). Got the morning off so I had plenty of time to feel sorry for myself and self-medicate with a cocktail of Strepsils, paracetamol and cartoons. My spirits were lifted enough to head into work with an attitude healthier than my being but after making a handful of coffees I started to feel miserable again. Tell you what sorted me right out though: a hearty jambalaya soup. The spiciness cut right through whatever was bogging me down and rejuvenated my soul - enough to get through the day anyhow.

A few more jobs popped up on my radar this morning too, I'll be applying for them during the week with my fingers crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment