Friday 29 March 2019

Wild Garlic goes with Everything

Couldn't believe how well my driving lesson went today, for the first time ever I nailed every single maneuver on the first try. I think even my instructor was silently impressed. Swapped my wheels for a pair of running shoes and set off to complete a 6K, furthest I've ran in years so I'm really pleased with myself, if I keep up the training I'll do my upcoming 10K no sweat.

Hands down the highlight of my day was my dinner though. Seeing as Rebecca was heading away tonight it opened up the perfect opportunity to make a nice tomatoy meal. I naturally gravitated to a spag bol, but I had an ace up my sleeve! Yesterday on my outdoorsy photoshoot we were next to carpets of growing wild garlic, so I picked and washed a few sprigs and fell in love with their flavour while cooking tonight. Put some finely chopped wild garlic in the sauce, used some uncooked leaves as a garnish and even mashed some into a pad of Lurpak, then smeared that on some toast for some make-shift (but no less delicious) garlic bread. Kinda glad Rebecca went away tonight, I'm sure my breath reeks of vampire repellent, but it was totally worth it. 

Finally in the evening I awaited the release of the collab video I worked on with another YouTube personality a while back. The video was finished at long last and 'premiered' a few hours ago. I put premiered in inverted commas because YouTube now has this fancy thing where you can upload your video ahead of time, schedule a release window for your video and sit in a live chat room as you all wait for the little countdown timer to finish. It was really lovely to sit in on a chat and talk with whoever dropped in, granted the number of folks was really small but I love the concept nonetheless. The video itself came out really well too, my collaborator did a really good job with the edit - really pleased I signed up for the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment