Thursday 7 March 2019

Roma

 Had the evening to myself so I thought I'd finally get around to watching Roma. After the first hour passed I was wondering exactly where the film was going but as soon as the credits rolled I didn't want it to end. Roma is as beautiful to watch as it is to think about, it captures the lives of a family of total strangers while making them feel like people we've known all our lives. It brought back memories of my own childhood, going away with friends over the Summer and the inevitable head-aches we put my Mum and Dad through as a result of our excitement. An almost overwhelming sense of humanity is conveyed within Roma, even though its set in 70's Mexico, the events feel oddly universal, bordering on nostalgic. Even though the content of the film isn't compelling in isolation, the feeling it manages to convey is fulfilling and whimsical. A dream of a film that will stay with me for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment