Wednesday 20 March 2019

We Used to Wait

I bought a new game Rebecca and I could play together off Amazon sometime last week, its was the first time not using Amazon Prime in a while and it reminded me what it was like waiting for parcels back in my childhood. For the past few days I would open my postbox, ever hopeful of a little brown package waiting for me, every day though I'd accept the feeling of disappointment I'd inevitably feel once the postbox was empty. Today though, I had a good feeling. It was a day earlier than its due date but I could feel it so I ran a bit of the way home just so I could confirm my suspicion. To my dismay, it was empty, feeling crummy I let it slide and got on with grocery shopping. Rebecca called a little later and told me she had something in her hands waiting for me - it had arrived after-all!

What an emotional roller-coaster that little package sent me on and although I hated it in the moment, the feeling of disappointment when it wasn't in my postbox was refreshing. We live in an age of instant gratification, for just a few days I got to experience what it was like to be patient again and now I'm far more grateful for what I got. Rebecca and I are enjoying the game that much more because of the hype that surrounded its arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment