Wednesday 12 June 2019

Bootleg Brew

Between bouts of writing I very spontaneously decided to make my own coffee liqueur. I happened to have all the ingredients lying around so I casually threw them all into a glass and was floored when I basically a much cheaper alternative to my favourite spirit, Kahlua. Plus I didn't go blind, that's always a plus when making bootleg booze.

I figured I should probably step outside sometime today so I took my work to work by taking my laptop into my cafe. Got a very warm reception walking in plus a free coffee, I settled into a small nook in the corner and plugged myself in and smashed out a bunch more words. This was the first time I properly experienced the coffee shop as a customer, even though I'm obviously biased, it was a rather pleasant.

I got a rather unusual message from Louis much later on asking if I was 'kicking it' this evening. At that point I was weighing up doing more work or trying to whittle down a movie to watch - the option to hang out with my Bro was a welcome choice. Brought a few beers and chewed the fat with him, we're both pumped to go on the upcoming canal boat holiday this weekend, the prospect of chilling out on a boat sounds magical right about now. Eager to take it down a gear and watch the world go by at 4 MPH.  

No comments:

Post a Comment