Saturday 8 June 2019

Boyz N The Hood

Been a long time since I've had a chance to take a Saturday nice and slow so I could really enjoy it. Cooked possibly the best batch of porridge I've ever made - Rebecca agreed too. Recently I've been trying to get Rebecca into drinking some variant of ground coffee, all she drinks is instant and I wanted to share the love of what good coffee is all about. The other day I acquired a clever dripper, kinda like a Chemex and a french press combined which I thought she's really like. It broke my heart as she sat there, sipping coffee and pulling a face declaring 'I think this is the worst cup of coffee I've ever had'. Reckon she's a lost cause.

Took a stroll up Park Street to browse the secondhand book shops, got lucky too after Rebecca spied a Jamie Oliver 15 Minute Meals cookbook that we've been hunting for months - £3.49? Hell yes I want that. We looked into the Bristol Museum to catch a glimpse at one of Banksy's older works that came back to the exhibit hall for a spell and had a hot soup lunch back at home. After eating Rebecca packed up to go out to Spain on holiday for a few days and I headed uptown to play badminton with Mark. Smashed him out too, winning 4 games out of 5, every match was pretty close though, it's always nice to play against someone with a similar skill level to you.

Finished up the leftovers for dinner, so that meant I had a mish-match meal of chips, curry and toast... I'll get some proper food in tomorrow. Browsing Netflix, Boyz N The Hood caught my eye so I settled into a film I should've seen years ago. You got such a sense of living and growing up in a downtrodden LA suburb where violence is the only language. I thought it was beautifully done, playing out like a great American novel at times - wholeheartedly recommend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment