Sunday 30 June 2019

Pensive Poppadoms

Tumbleweeds blew through the cafe once again today so I whittled down the hours by sipping iced coffee and chatting with my team. Found out that on of the weekend guys, aged 19, didn't know what mango chuntney was, or what a poppadom was... That alone gave me conversation ammo for the rest of the day, fascinating to think about the smaller culinary awareness of some people. This chap was also a self appointed picky eater but recently they've tried to branch out. 'You can't go wrong with a poppadom' is what I told him, as if my advice was a sacred piece of wisdom.

Following an uneventful 9 hour shift I kicked back a little and put the flat back in order after Rebecca's absence. Started planning my upcoming week and what I'd like to achieve. Bought a quirky 'stay focused' app where you grow trees by not touching your phone. It appeals to my zen side and I reckon it will legit safeguard me from procrastinating online. Fingers crossed I'll hear back from that job I applied for last week, thought I fit the bill neatly so I'm really hoping to hear from them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment