Tuesday 11 June 2019

Sweet Dreams are Made of These

With a spoonful of porridge in one hand and my driving test revision notes in the other, I got up early this morning to get some last minute practice under my belt. I felt myself getting more and more tense as the morning went on so after I finished my revision I did something I'd not really tried before: gentle meditation. I just closed my eyes, locked in everything I just learnt and tried to relax and you know what, I felt much better afterwards. I hopped into my instructors car with an hour to spare before my test so we did a short lesson before proceeding to the test center.

Long story short, I passed my driving test. It's been a long time coming but I'm super chuffed with myself. This time last year I would say I wasn't the most confident driver to the point where I thought I wasn't cut out for driving. But on my test today I felt like I was in total control of the car and the road around me, I passed with 6 minors and all of them I spotted as they happened so I know how I can become even better on the road in the future. 

Only regret is not getting one of those cheesy 'holding up the pass certificate in front of my car' photos. In fairness it was wet and windy and frankly I was knackered afterwards so I was just glad to get home.

To quietly celebrate I treated myself a a remarkably fresh cup of coffee at home. I got Dad's old coffee grinder working properly now so I can grind my beans immediately before brewing for that added hipster quality. Now I know the grinder works I want to try and make the effort to be 'the guy who's always has good coffee when we go round his place', I'm just one step closer now to realising that dream.  

Speaking of dreams, my 6 year old fantasy of being able to play as one of my favourite game characters will finally materialise as Banjo & Kazooie were announced as upcoming fighters in Super Smash Bros. Lord, I can remember talking to my old school friend Jack Crovetto about how cool it would be if Banjo was ever playable, God that must have been nearly 20 years ago. Just like passing my driving test, it's been a long time coming but it's certainly been worth the wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment