Friday 28 February 2020

A Little Yellow Raincoat

Didn't have much on this morning so I figured I'd go out and see Time Magazine's Person of the Year 2019, Greta Thunberg. She was attending a big climate change rally in Bristol so I put on my jacket and waited patiently in the rain with a crowd of thousands, all to hear her speak. I was totally staggered by the amount of people that turned up, yet the vibe was comfortable and welcoming. There were a lot of umbrella in the way, but if I squinted, stood on tip-toes and crossed my fingers, I could get a glimpse of Greta in her classic yellow mac. This picture is a very poor representation of the scale of things, but it was the best one I could get where I was standing.


For anyone who wanted to know what Greta had to say I'll just point you to this track by the 1975 with one of her speeches in it, it covers a lot of the same beats:



I'm off to see Parasite tonight, doing the blog early today since I'll be up early doors for work tomorrow and I'll be rushing for some sleep. Looking forward to the film though!

No comments:

Post a Comment