Sunday 2 February 2020

Coffee Shelf

A beautifully cooked weekend breakfast gave us all the strength we needed to tackle a big day. Took a drive up to a retail park to check out our dream sofa again, and pick up some DIY bits, mostly for my 'coffee shelf'. Since buying the house my dream had always been to put up a cute little shelf in the kitchen with all my coffee bits and bobs, todayarked the day that dream came true. But it wasn't without blood, sweat and tears. Any domestic handyman willntell you that putting up shelves is one of the hardest things to do when it comes to home improvement, I fancied myself as a bit of a expert since I've put up exactly one curtain rod, how hard can it be? Numerous things went wrong at first, I did rigorous measurement to ensure it would all end up happy and level yet it still looked like it was doomed to be wonky. I was rapidly losing faith as I tried to rectify it but as I tightened the final screw, it all came together. This was the fruit of my labour:


A gorgeous shelf that makes me eager to make a cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment