Wednesday 5 February 2020

Coffee 4 Hire

Louis very generously bought me a grapefruit from our local green grocers the other day, I looked at it this morning and decided 'now is the time.' Good lord it was a good grapefruit, paired with some banana porridge I started the day off right, nothing was gonna stop me having a great day I figured. How wrong I was.

I worked a cover shift in another coffee shop in Bristol in a decidedly busier part of town. The lady I greeted, who I worked alongside with for the rest of the day looked haggard, she revealed she'd been working the whole morning by herself and instead of 4 people on the shift, it was only going to be me and her. I didn't let this phase me, but eventually it became clear that the staff didn't stick around long-term in that Coffee 1 for a reason. It was horrifically busy all day, how anyone can muscle through that as a 9-5 is beyond me since it basically unreasonable but the staff have just taken it as a fact of life, those who stuck around anyway. I couldn't wait for my day to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment