Friday 7 February 2020

The Nordic Cafe

For Rebecca's Birthday Part II I took her out for brunch, but not just to any old place. I see this place every day I walk to work, I see their menu pop up on Facebook and the owner is a regular at my cafe. This place is called The Nordic Cafe, it does scandinavian themed treats and is the unofficial Moomin cafe of Bristol - I couldn't wait to take Rebecca there. Yet she was oddly apprehensive when we went in, for a woman who buys smoked salmon like it was going out of style, she was hesitant to order anything fishy there. Eventually she settled on something salmon related, and you know what, it was the best damn brunch I've ever had and her tune quickly changed after the first mouthful - bet it tasted like humble pie for her. We even went back for a slice of Grandma Cake which was unique and delicious, her words.

Afterward I took her out to buy her dream Birthday present, a hand-made art deco mirror. We picked it up from the guy and we're still debating about where to put it up. We didn't get too much of a chance to discuss though because Rebecca's parents were down to visit. I cooked them up a Sheppard's Pie at their request and they were smitten with it. It was nice too to have a 4-person meal around our dining table, felt very social while eating and I'm already looking forward to having many other good meals with good company around that table.

No comments:

Post a Comment