Tuesday 25 February 2020

Pancake Day 2020

Confined myself to my writing nook once more, punched through yesterdays wall only to be confronted with another smaller one. I got plenty done today but I think I'm starting to scrape my mental barrel for things to write about now, a chat with Louis about things will easily sort it all out though and give me plenty more ideas I'm sure.

We honored St. Pancake once again this year and this time I went all out and attempted Crepe Suzettes. I slightly adapted a recipe I found online by squeezing not just an orange into a pan, but a little grapefruit too just to cut through the sweetness. Reduced it into a sticky-sweet caramel type glaze, dunked some pancakes in and and hey presto. For the first time in my life I found myself accidentally cooking Dad's dream pudding, the flavours were hugely reminiscent of some of the bread and butter pudding he used to make us, all that was missing from mine was a dollop of ice cream. I'll just use that as an excuse to cook them again though!

No comments:

Post a Comment