Wednesday 19 February 2020

Giving Vegetables Voices

Stashed myself away in my writers corner to begin work on dialogue for Louis' upcoming game. I'm writing reams and reams of conversations the player character can have with the anthropomorphic vegetables in a wholesome garden. In other words, I'm giving voices to vegetables. Already it's looking like its going to be a pretty big job. I did a few estimations on how many little lines I'd have to give each villager, which have been segmented into 6 types, and it could be as many as 50 per character type. I chinked away at it for a few hours today pleased with what I did though, just gotta keep going.

After writing I switched on my PC and continued playing Metro Exodus, a great post-apocalyptic game set in Mother Russia. I had to ask for Rebecca's help during a key section after a character announced I would need to make a trip into a pitch black underground bunker... that was full of spiders. So I cowered behind Rebecca for 20 minutes while she told me where to go, luckily the so called spiders were more like skittery scorpions so that dulled the edge of my fear, but a certain sequence involving air-vents that was very reminiscent of the first Alien movie pushed me to my limit. Rebecca was there though to hold my hand through the darkness, not many girlfriend would put up with that so I'm very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment