Sunday 12 April 2020

Happy Easter 2020

Prepped an Easter egg hunt around the house for Rebecca while she was still sleeping. She had no idea I'd done anything until she stumbled across one I his in her favourite coffee mig, the games began then. She darted around the house, banging her head on all sorts of thongs in a desperate hunt for chocolate. Glad it makes her feel special, and indeed it injected a little bit of wonder to an Easter Sunday in isolation.

To make it even more special was a heart hot cross bun breakfast, brushed down with a mandatory sugar glaze. After a video call with my family I rolled up my sleeves and hopped to cooking my first ever joint of beef. I did some Yorkshire puddings from scratch too and thankfully, the Easter roast lunch turned out to be a huge success. Plenty of beef for weekday sandwiches too which I'm arguably even more excited about than the chocolates Rebecca got me.


No comments:

Post a Comment