Thursday 2 April 2020

Long Distance Board Games

Pecked away at my Animal Crossing review for Sick Critic for most of the day, got Rebecca to proof read it with me too which was sweet. I sent it over to an editor and got some pretty strict feedback on it. Under normal circumstances, I'd feel pretty defeated but I'm treating this as an opportunity to take my work and make it better. It'll take a fair bit of rewriting but a familiar Ernest Hemingway maxim about first drafts springs to mind lending me confidence.

After all that I logged into an almighty webcam group chat board game session. I joined up with seven other friends to play some long distance Codenames, Drawful and Insider. Modern technology is a marvel when it comes to communication and between us we shared a legitimately terrific night of fun and laughs despite the distance that separated us. I mean, it's 1am and my cheeks ache from smiling so it must have been a good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment