Thursday 2 April 2020

Sayonara Wild Hearts


Playing games with chums most nights is fun and all, but sometimes you just need a bit of time to yourself. While Rebecca enjoyed her virtual book club, I settled into a night of pure gaming 'me time'. I picked up a little indie gem called Sayonara Wild Hearts which was only 90 minutes long, but the experience was pure bliss. It played like an interactive pop album, you control your heroine to the rhythm as you drive motorbikes and beat up your old lovers. I was mesmerized the whole way through and all the while I was reminded that sometimes all a game needs to be good, is to be unashamedly fun. Once the credits rolled, I hopped back into Nier: Automata, a game that stopped being fun about 18 hours ago but the internet promised me the ending would be worth the suffering. It's like reading (but not enjoying) a critically acclaimed novel, a rite of passage perhaps. I sense the ending is coming though, just gotta push through a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment