Thursday 30 April 2020

Givin' it a Sniff

Sad day in my quarantine kitchen, I was planning on cooking up some chicken for dinner but I had to throw it away since it started to go a bit funky. I chuckled a bit as I thought 'this is exactly what my hunter-gather sense of smell was designed for' so I could sniff out bad meat. Never had to throw out raw chicken before, and in the current climate, it felt jolly rotten to do so. It was in date, and wrapped up well, guess I just got unlucky.

As a baby side project I've also been making a bunch of custom Mario levels in Mario Maker. Previously you could only make a level or two but now you can make an entire game's worth of content if you have the will power. Instead, I made 5 classy levels, each with it's own theme, gameplay devices and story, and submitted it for the world to play. Was very fun to tinker around with it and tech myself some fundamentals of game design. Hopefully the community will enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment