Friday 10 April 2020

Hot Cross Fun

Swung by Louis' place to pick up some yeast (from a safe distance of course) because today was all about baking hot cross buns. Initially, things were going very well, I manages to cycle my electric scales to work with imperial measurements which was a big help, and my electric whisk has some dough hooks for easy kneeding. First few steps were fine, but once I tried working the dough on a surface things went quickly downhill. Never in my life have I worked with such a stretchy dough, it was totally unworkable! Even after 30 minutes kneeding it wouldn't get into a state where I could roll it into balls. I decided to just walk away for 15 minutes and to my amazement, the dough immediately played ball afterwards.

Shaped them up, stuck them in the oven and get out these beauties.


Their texture is a wee bit biscuity on the outside but they taste legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment