Wednesday 22 September 2021

Feeding Time at the Zoo

Picked up 45 breakfast baps and made 4 large cafetieres of coffee for the folks heading out on our Tech Recces. The moment they sped away in their minibuses my next job was their lunch. The classic Pret lunch was promised to them so thaty exactly what I went and got. I think I've been officially bumped up to 'Cafe Regular' status at the nearby Pret. So much so that because their card machine was down they let me walk away with 30 bagettes for free today because they knew I'd be back tomorrow to cover the costs. You can't buy that kind of trust!

I delivered lunch and folks were delighted with the spread. I saw our new director picking around at the selection looking for her favorite thing... I kept it hidden in a bag so no one else would swipe it. Let's just say I earned a LOT of brownie points when I showed it to her. Being Mr Food has its perks when people are grateful for your efforts... Then again, this is exactly why pets are conditioned to love their owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment